CRM 2011 – Error deserializing XAML

I was experiencing this error when trying to update an existing solution with a new version. It didn’t really tell me much and the changes I had made in this version of the solution were only minor. The other odd thing was that a number of my colleagues using the same CRM server were experiencing other issues performing their own operations. A couple of them were receiving this error:

System.ServiceModel.FaultException: The formatter threw an exception while trying to deserialize the message: There was an error while trying to deserialize parameter http://schemas.microsoft.com/xrm/2011/Contracts/Services:request.

After trying the obvious of restarting services, I decided to turn on the trace functionality in CRM, specifically looking at the Platform_Import category, and ran my import process again. As expected it failed, so I searched the trace file for the error shown in my Import log file – Error deserializing XAML – and further along the error I found this message:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly ‘Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.ServerRuntime, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c’ or one of its dependencies

I have come across this error before when using other assembly’s with CRM so the solution was to add the missing assembly to the CRMWeb\bin folder on the CRM web server. This time, running the import again successfully updated the solution as well as solving other problems that were being experienced by my colleagues using the same server.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s