Xamarin Studio – Issues generating the initial project structure

There seemed to be a small bug in the version of Xamarin Studio where it would fail to create an Android Xamarin.Forms project correctly. When I tried to build the project I got an error “The type or namespace ‘Xamarin’ could not be found”. The issue was reported on the Xamarin forum as well.

It appears that for some reason the Xamarin.Forms package did not download correctly when the project was created. To solve the problem was fairly straight forward as I just needed to grab the Xamarin.Forms package from NuGet, which also pulled down the necessary dependencies for the project.

With the relevant assembly now referenced in the project the project would now build successfully.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s